Pastoral Relief and Retreat

My photo
Wethersfield, CT, United States
I am Pastor at Poquonock Community Church, Congregational (CCCC) in Windsor, CT. My wife Jama and I live in Wetherfield, CT. We'd like to invite you to Terre Haute -- High Ground -- That's what Jama and I call the retreat space on our property. We offer free intentional get-away retreats. We'll feed you and house you and give you space to be with the Lord. All are welcome; no questions asked. This blog is my daily devotional journal. I write it because it is so easy to go for weeks without ever taking the time to be alone with God. Writing helps me develop a discipline I need.

Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

How to Do This


It occurred to me after I sent out The Morning Watch this morning, that one of the number one principles of non-profit work is to give people the opportunity to give.  Having run a non-profit for 25 years, I know how important it is to make it easy for people to do what you’re hoping they will do.  If you do want to “stop on the way to church” tonight, http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org lists all the known homeless shelters, food pantries, and soup kitchens in the US.  I’d suggest giving them a call before stopping by to make sure your specific donation will be helpful and timely.

I also want to make sure that none of you who read The Morning Watch think I am in any way implying that any or all of you aren’t involved in active discipleship of the sort I suggested.  I write The Watch to challenge myself.  If it provides a challenge to others as well, I rejoice.

Sincerely in Christ,

Jon

No comments: