Pastoral Relief and Retreat

My photo
Wethersfield, CT, United States
I am Pastor at Poquonock Community Church, Congregational (CCCC) in Windsor, CT. My wife Jama and I live in Wetherfield, CT. We'd like to invite you to Terre Haute -- High Ground -- That's what Jama and I call the retreat space on our property. We offer free intentional get-away retreats. We'll feed you and house you and give you space to be with the Lord. All are welcome; no questions asked. This blog is my daily devotional journal. I write it because it is so easy to go for weeks without ever taking the time to be alone with God. Writing helps me develop a discipline I need.

Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Power and Glory

Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours. Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all.
(I Chronicles 29:11)

Yesterday I went to see Tim Keller speak at Park Street Church in Boston.  I don't like to use words like "transformational" and "life-changing", but a couple of things he said as he spoke to a group of pastors certainly were.   Actually, "humbling" and maybe even "humiliating" might be better.   I won't cheapen the experience by writing about it here.  I just wanted to put down a marker so I'd know when it was.  I so want to go beyond knowing God.  I want to experience God.  I want to find -- just once in my life -- what I've told people for years, that he's all I need.   I haven't been giving him what is really due him, and I'm tired of it.

Jon

No comments: